Condominium, Vacation Ownership, and Resort Law
Active in the condominium, vacation ownership and resort industries since 1975, Gallagher, Callahan & Gartrell offers a full array of legal services to meet the specific needs of such businesses. We counsel developers, owners' associations, management companies, lenders and industry vendors, and are actively involved in legislative and administrative issues affecting the vacation industry. Our team of practice group professionals helps clients to:
- Establish and develop resorts
- Develop vacation ownership models designed to control management costs and streamline regulatory reviews
- Manage and administer vacation ownership regimes
- Analyze and develop employment practices and procedures
- Finance resort development
- Handle workouts and developer/homeowner association failures
- Achieve legislative solutions to taxation, regulatory and other issues
- Revitalize the inventory of troubled resorts through the effective use of deed backs and foreclosures
- File regulatory applications and resolve complaints from regulatory agencies
- Engage in litigation where necessary.
The Condominium, Vacation Ownership, and Resort Law practice works with clients to accomplish their business objectives. For example, Gallagher, Callahan and Gartrell has:
- Established a multi-site interval ownership program for a regional developer
- Registered a multi-site vacation club with the New Hampshire Department of Justice
- Designed a trust interval ownership regime for a major timeshare resort company
- Assisted a developer in the permitting of a major mixed-use resort property
- Assisted a developer in securing acquisition and development financing and hypothecation financing for a new resort project;
- Assisted a distressed timeshare homeowners association in the sale of resort property and the dissolution of the association
- Designed and implemented for a timeshare association a program to foreclose on hundreds of delinquent timeshares in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Working with the firm's Municipal Law and Real Estate Development practitioners, our experienced and knowledgeable professionals bring practical results-oriented skills to meet our client's needs.