Insurance & Insurance Defense
New Hampshire Insurance Law
Our Insurance Law professionals provide counsel and strategic guidance to companies, agencies and other entities transacting insurance business in New Hampshire from headquarters located across the globe.
The firm was awarded metropolitan first-tier rankings in the 2016 publication of U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” Rankings, including first-tier rankings in personal injury litigation for defendants and administrative / regulatory law.
We are experienced in the following lines of business:
- Health, Life and Disability Insurance
- Property & Casualty – personal and commercial
- Auto and Home Owners
- General Liability
- Workers’ Compensation
- Mortgage Guaranty
- Title Insurance
- Self-Funded Plans
- Other risk management vehicles.
We have maintained an active practice before the New Hampshire Insurance Department for 20 years handling matters such as the following:
- Sale of publicly-traded insurance holding company and its domestic insurer
- International assumption reinsurance transaction with impaired insurer
- De novo insurer formation, capitalization and licensing throughout the United States
- Management of market conduct and financial examinations
- Insurance scoring models and approvals
- Unfair insurance practice complaints
- Licensing and representation of foreign insurers
- Rate and product filings
- Holding company filings and compliance
- Investment diversification and statutory accounting issues
- Product development, design and rollout strategies
- Residual market facility development
- Representation of independent insurance agencies and producers
- Joint venture and other strategic marketing alliances
- Agency succession strategies and implementation
- Drafting, negotiation and advocating legislative and regulatory changes
Our Insurance Defense attorneys are well known and widely regarded for their defense of the interests of businesses, professionals, individuals, municipalities and insurers in civil litigation matters in all federal and state courts.
These seasoned trial attorneys are experienced with:
- Complex commercial litigation and business torts including intellectual property disputes
- Products liability
- Employment and labor
- Municipal and civil rights defense
- Professional liability and licensing
- Insurance coverage
- Complex alternative dispute resolution
- General liability
- Appellate advocacy.
Recent matters include representing:
- Multi-national medical device manufacturer as lead counsel in personal injury litigation
- Corporations in significant individual burn and fire loss cases
- Corporation in employment litigation involving former senior manager
- Police officers and municipal officials in establishing new common law immunity
- Municipalities and school districts in sexual abuse claims
- Contractors in defective construction litigation
- Attorneys in professional licensing proceedings
- Physicians in professional licensing proceedings
- Insurers in coverage and bad faith litigation
- Transportation and trucking companies in personal injury and property loss claims.
The firm and its practice area professionals are Martindale Hubbell AV-rated. Our attorneys are active participants and leaders in industry associations including:
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar
- National Officer
- AuthorsCommittee Members
- International Society of Barristers
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Super Lawyer recognition
- Best Lawyers in America recognition.
To learn more about how Gallagher, Callahan & Gartrell's experienced insurance attorneys and professional team can assist your strategic and/or immediate needs, please call or e-mail Donald J. Pfundstein or Matthew Cairns.