Energy & Utilities
Gallagher, Callahan & Gartrell’s energy and utilities professionals provide expertise to local, regional and international clients to achieve a wide range of energy and environmental goals. We assist clients with New Hampshire interests ranging from small renewable generators to large investor-owned utilities to energy consumers of all sizes.
The firm was awarded metropolitan first-tier rankings in the 2016 publication of U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” Rankings, including a first-tier ranking in administrative / regulatory law.
- Electric and natural gas transmission and distribution companies
- Regulated and merchant power suppliers
- Renewable energy facilities
- Businesses and municipalities as consumers of energy services
Our professionals are experienced in the electric, natural gas, petroleum, LNG, nuclear, and hydroelectric industry sectors. We can assist you with your energy and utility business needs throughout New Hampshire, including:
- Utility mergers
- Power plant sales and purchases
- Development and execution of permitting strategies for the design, siting, construction and operation of generation, transmission and distribution facilities
- Acquisition and condemnation of rights of way
- Proceedings before state and local siting and permitting authorities, including the state’s Energy Facility Siting and Evaluation Committee and the Department of Environmental Services
- Negotiation of utility tax assessments and Payment-In-Lieu-of-Tax agreements
- Abatement litigation
- Regulatory proceedings before the Public Utilities Commission
- Analysis of proposed energy and environmental laws, rules, policies and tariffs
- Creation of a favorable policy environment by developing and implementing effective legislative and regulatory strategies
- Funding proposals for energy efficiency and renewable energy projects
- Negotiation and review of energy supply contracts.
To learn more about how we can help you with your energy and utility business needs, plase contact Donald Pfundstein.